Master Gardener Program
University of Arizona Pima County Cooperative Extension
Plant & Gardening Questions?
Our Extension office and popular "walk in" Master Gardener Plant Clinic remain closed due to Covid-19. However, our dedicated and knowledgeable Master Gardener volunteers are still available to support your home gardening questions by using our Master Gardener Plant Clinic Question Form.
- Make sure your photos are in focus
- Plant and/or symptom is clear in the photo
- Avoid glaring sunlight or shade
- Include a ruler, pencil or coin in photo to indicate scale.
The Tucson Garden Handbook 4th edition
The Tucson Garden Handbook is a guide for helping people successfully garden in our desert environment. It can be used by gardeners at all levels of expertise, but is especially helpful for those new to desert gardening. The Handbook includes how to grow: cacti and agave, desert adapted trees, vegetables and herbs, citrus, flowers and roses. It also contains guidelines for watering, working with your soil, integrated pest management, and much more.
Purchase the Tucson Garden Handbook at one these Tucson area retail location.
*Thank you to #ThisIsTucson for adding the Tucson Garden Handbook to your "2020 Summer Reading Challenge"!
Pima County Master Gardeners 2020 Spring Plant Sale (CANCELLED)
UPDATE [3/16/2020] In support of our community's health and following guidance from the University of Arizona, Centers for Disease Control and others, we are postponing this year's sale. Please stay tuned for further updates as we continue to monitor the situation.
Tucson Area Gardening Links
- Community Gardens of Tucson
- Desert Survivors: A plant nursery with an employment program for adults with developmental disabilities.
- Green Valley Gardeners: A service club of gardeners
- Native Seed/SEARCH
- Rose Society of Tucson
- Sierra Vista Area Garden Club
- Tohono Chul Park
- Tucson African Violet Society
- Tucson Area Iris Society
- Tucson Audubon Society
- Tucson Botanical Garden
- Tucson Bonsai Society
- Tucson Cactus and Succulent Society
- Tucson Orchid Society
- Tucson Organic Gardeners
- University of Arizona Insect Collection: Insect identification.
- University of Arizona Herbarium:Identification of native and naturalized plants of the southwestern US and northwestern Mexico
- Watershed Management Group