Poultry| 4-H Project Resources & Curriculum
Through the activities in the poultry project, you will begin by learning about egg parts, breeds, costs to raise poultry, how to prepare for chicks, how to care for and handle your birds, how to select pullets and showing poultry.
- University of Arizona Cooperative Extension's Small Stock Essentials Volume 1 fact sheet with information on poultry projects
- University of Florida Extension's resource sheet on poultry projects
- Poultry showmanship guide from Utah State University Extension
- Poultry project guide from Oregon State University Extension
- How to Make a Nipple Drinker for a Chick Brooder video
- Flock Defender Youth Program (avian disease education)