Market Goat| 4-H Project Resources & Curriculum
The meat goat project will help you learn how to raise a market or breeding animal. Throughout the different levels of this project you will learn to identify healthy and sick animals, keep proper records, define the difference between milk-type and meat-type goats, learn how to score body condition, and many other skills.
- University of Arizona Extension's large stock fact sheet with information on goat projects
- University of Minnesota Extension's Meat goat program website
- University of Florida Extension's meat goat project overview sheet
- Mid-Atlantic market goat project guide (Maryland, Delaware and Virginia Cooperative Extensions)
- National 4-H Meat Goat Curriculum