Throughout the different levels of this project you will learn the dairy cattle breeds, explore the milk production system, demonstrate showmanship techniques, describe signs of health and illness in dairy animals, give reason on hay quality, compare pig and cow's digestive system, identify parts of the DHI record, perform a CMT and interpret the results and demonstrate how to deliver a calf.
- The Dairy Industry in Arizona and Beyond video
- University of Arizona Extension's large stock fact sheet with information on dairy cattle projects
- North Dakota State University Extension's website on dairy cattle projects
- University of Florida Extension's project handout on dairy cattle projects
- University of Vermont Extension's dairy cattle project guide book