4-H Volunteer Resources
Volunteers are the HEART of the 4-H program. 4-H Youth Development volunteers and Cooperative Extension staff are partners, working with youth to create safe spaces and caring relationships. To ensure these positive environments and relationships, Arizona 4-H requires a fingerprint-based background check and a minimum level of training before certifying that volunteers are ready to work with youth from other families.
Individuals who wish to become certified AZ 4-H Volunteers must complete the following before beginning to work with 4-H youth members.
Submit your county's application form to your local county 4-H extension office.
- Complete current requirements for a finger-print-based background check and receive clearance
- Complete the University of Arizona registration process for new volunteers (NetID and Designated Campus Colleague registration)
- Participate in an interview either face to face or by phone
- Satisfactorily complete the four Western Region e-Learning modules. Each volunteer must enter their name, select Arizona (even if they reside in another sate) and use the password volunteer. These modules were originally developed by Washington State 4-H, but have been adopted by all the states of the Western Region.
- Participate in any New Leader Training required by your county
4-H Volunteer Monthly Newsletter Archive
May 2020 -- Message from the Director // Keeping our Youth Safe Online // Record Books Update // AZ 4-H Youtube Challenge Results // AZ 4-H Summit // Clover Ball and AZ 4-H Presents // May is... // Upcoming Events
April 2020 --
March 2020 -- Message from the Director // High Quality Engagement by Ashley Jeffers-Sample // Engaged Citizens Event Announcement // International Exchange Interview with Nick Morris // AZ Dog Show and Arizona Farm and Ranch Trade Show // March is. . . // Upcoming Events
February 2020 -- Quality Interaction: Creating Movie Magic in Your 4-H Program
November 2019 -- Update from Director // Reducing Risk and Raising Success // Celebrate End of the Year Giving with AmazonSmile // 4-H Billboard Scavenger Hunt // Creating A Pro-Social Environment // November is. . . // Upcoming Events
October 2019 -- Igniting the Spark // Join Us to Celebrate National 4-H Week // Honoring Dr. Bill Peterson // Helping Youth Find Their Hopeful Purpose // October is. . . // Upcoming Events
September 2019 -- Message from the Director // Positive Youth Development: Safe Environment // Youth Spotlight: Scholarships // Fall Paper Clover // Cloverbud Corner // Encourage Challenge and Discovery // Ice-Breakers // September is. . . // Upcoming Events