Maricopa County Master Gardeners
University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
Ask A Master Gardener Online Chat Room
Do you have a garden problem?
Need help with your landscape plants?
Curious about how and when to plant your garden?
- Free ONLINE Zoom question and answer session with Maricopa County Master Gardeners.
- New dates and times!!
- We have added Saturday morning and Wednesday evening once a month through December 2020!
- 1st and 3rd Fridays 10-11am: Oct. 16, Nov. 6, Nov. 20, Dec. 4, and Dec. 18
- 4th Saturday 10-11am: Nov. 11 and Dec. 9
- 2nd Wednesday 6:30-7:30pm: Oct. 24, Nov. 28, and Dec. 26
- Register Here!
- Once you have registered through Eventbrite, you will be emailed the instructions on how to send any accompanying garden or landscape photos.
- Registration closes 2 hours prior to the event start time.
- The Zoom meeting information, meeting instructions, and resource material will be emailed 24-hours and 1-hour prior to the meeting time.
Become a Master Gardener
Find out how to become a Maricopa County Master Gardener.
- November 8, 2020 - Fruit Trees for Backyard Gardeners in the Low Desert
Click here for details and registration
- November 18, 2020 - Just Grow With It- Start Your Own Plants Through Propagation
Click here for details and registration
- December 3, 2020 - DIG Online: Roses, The Good, Bad and the Ugly
Simplifying the care of roses, and dealing with the insects and diseases that are common problems for rose growers.
Click here for details and registration.
2021 Citrus Clinics
Arizona winter brings us bountiful citrus. The sweetest thing about blooming citrus in our home gardens is knowing the harvest of our favorite fruit is soon to follow. To better manage the flavor, size, and health of your citrus and deciduous tree fruit, join the Maricopa County Master Gardeners at their annual citrus clinics offered in both East and West valley locations.
The clinics, now in their 16th year, feature the foremost state citrus experts, including The University of Arizona faculty and noted local professionals. The experts will present eight learning stations on topics such as how to select and plant fruit trees appropriate for our climate, citrus fertilization, irrigation, pruning, and how to solve fruit tree problems through pest identification and management. While you are there, do not miss the display of more than 100 citrus varieties and sample many of the varieties made available that day.
Dates to be announced.
2019 Fall Festival & Plant Sale with
Maricopa County Master Gardeners & Metro Tech High School was a Success!
There is no better way to enjoy Fall than getting out into the garden. More than 600 visitors to the Master Gardener Fall Garden Festival were able to bring new life to their gardens and landscapes after attending. Patrons were able to shop a wide variety of plants propagated by Master Gardeners, Metro Tech High School horticulture students, and selected growers. Attendees were able to participate in prize drawings, purchase crafts, take-home rummage-sale treasures, and enjoy the food at the festival. Master Gardener ambassadors were on hand to answer plant questions and direct attendees to our Cooperative Extension resources. Educational mini-classes on soils, water, and composting were presented by one of our Fall 2019 Master Gardener graduate groups.
The Fall Garden Festival is one of the largest Master Gardener events of the year. This annual fundraiser supports the Master Gardener mission to teach the right plant in the right place to Maricopa County community members. More than 70 Master Gardeners volunteered time planning, propagating plants, setting-up, educating patrons, and assisting with the sale. The Master Gardener program would not enjoy the great successes of the Fall Festival without our wonderful volunteers.
The Master Gardener Program enjoys the support of local vendors, Metro Tech High School, and generous prize donors as well. Thank you to all of our partners and participants in the festival.
A big thank you goes out to the prize donors who provided items for our drawing. Your generosity and support are greatly appreciated.
- Australian Outback Plantation
- Summerwinds Nursery
- Arcadia Color Garden
- Whitfield Nursery
- Desert Botanical Garden
- Hook and Line Originals
- Dig It Gardens
- Southwest Gardener
Thank you to our attendees, volunteers, Metro Tech High School, vendors, and prize donors. You made the day a considerable success for the Master Gardener Program.