Financial Literacy Classes
Learning to take control of your finances doesn't have to be expensive. Our FREE workshops and classes can help you gain the skills and knowledge to see your money in a new way. Scroll down the page to see all our upcoming workshops and classes. In-person and virtual options are available.
For more information, connect with staff in your county.
Where Does Your Money Go?
Where Does Your Money Go? is a single-session class that helps you develop a spending-savings plan that works for you! During the class you will:
- Personalize a spending and saving plan.
- Create SMART financial goals.
Virtual Class - WDY$G? Every Monday at 5:30 pm
Building Financial Security
The four-part series Building Financial Security for Self, Family, and Community gives you the tools to take control of your finances by covering a new topic each week. Sessions cover:
- Spending plans
- Preparing for emergency costs
- The cost of debt
- Understanding credit scores and reports
Participants completing all four sessions will receive a certificate of completion and gift. Check the schedule below to find a session that works for you.
Virtual Workshop - Building Financial Security
- Dates: 9/28, 10/5, 10/12 and 10/19/2021 (complete all 4 sessions to receive a certificate and gift)
- Time: Tuesdays from 6:00 - 7:30 pm, participants will receive Zoom link after registering for the workshop
- Register for the virtual workshop beginning on September 28th.
- Questions? Contact: Valerie Seeton firstname.lastname@example.org or Cate Gore email@example.com
- Download September 28th class flyer.
In-Person Workshop - Building Financial Security
- Dates: 10/14, 10/21, 10/28 and 11/4/2021 (complete all 4 sessions to receive a certificate and gift)
- Time: Thursdays from 10:00 - 11:00 am
- Location: Yuma Main Library in the upstairs classroom @ 2951 S. 21st Drive, Yuma, AZ
- To register, contact: Lauren Opie (928) 373-6514 firstname.lastname@example.org
- DownloadOctober 14th class flyer.