Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program
Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP): Adults in EFNEP programs learn to select more nutritional foods and gain skills in food production, preparation, storage, safety and sanitation. Adults also learn better methods to manage their food budgets and related resources such as Food Stamps. Youth in EFNEP programs learn skills in nutrition, food preparation, and food safety as well as fitness, substance avoidance, and other health related topics.
Contacts: Cynthia Aspengren
Food Four Ways
This series re-imagines basic foods in a fun and tasty way, using simple ingredients you won’t need to make an extra trip to the store for. Healthy eating doesn’t have to cost a fortune or require a lot of time in the kitchen. Watch now for meal ideas that are kid-friendly and parent- approved!
- Bananas - Watch Video - English
- Bananas - Watch Video - Espanol
- Zucchini - Watch Video - English
- Zucchini - Watch Video - Espanol
- Chickpeas - Watch Video - English
- Chickpeas - Watch Video - Espanol
- Quinoa - Watch Video - English
- Quinoa - Watch Video - Espanol
- Avacado - Watch Video - English
- Avacado - Watch Video - Espanol
- Oatmeal - Watch Video - English
- Oatmeal- Watch Video - Espanol
Start An Indoor Herb Garden
Have you ever wanted fresh herbs but don’t have space for a full-size garden? An herb garden can be as big or as small as you want it to be! Herbs are easy to grow indoors and can thrive happily in small containers on your windowsill. Watch this video to learn how to successfully start seeds
How To Transplant a Seedling
This video details one method for transplanting seedlings from rockwool growing cubes into soil. Rockwool is a hydroponic growing medium made from uncompressed basalt and chalk fibers. While rockwool works great for starting seeds, once the roots of the seedling begin to show
Cooking with Me! Virtual Cooking Course
For everyone out there who is tired of coming up with dinner ideas AND misses human interaction, this class is for you!
- June 22nd 5-5:30pm Monday: Veggie Spring Rolls and Fruit Samosas
- June 24th 5-5:30pm Wednesday: blackberry Arugula Pizza and Melon Caprese Salad
Register for the class using this link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the recipe list and information about joining the meeting.