About 4-H STEM YOUniversity
University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
Arizona’s 4-H STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Program aims to provide:
- Hands-on problem-based learning activities that fosters a collaborative inclusive nurturing environment for youth to thrive and explore STEM.
- Collaborations with the 4-H state office leadership, County 4-H Agents/Coordinators, 4-H STEM Leaders/Volunteers, School Teachers and or AmeriCorp members
- Unique opportunities for youth from across the state to discover STEM in meaningful culturally relevant engaging hands-on problem-based learning STEM activities that promote team building, communication skills and cultivates confidence in our youth.
- Encouragement and inspiration to our diverse youth to pursue STEM careers they find fulfilling while at the same time contributing to Arizona’s and Americas STEM workforce.
Arizona’s 4-H STEM Program focuses on three programs:
- Infusing STEM into 4-H, FCHS, FRTEP Cooperative Extension Programs and into the community
- Native American STEM Outreach
- Preparing the next generation of STEM Innovators.