4-H National Programs
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF)
Participants: Youth 14-19 years
Embark on a journey to leadership through Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF). The Arizona group will be participating in Week 3 of CWF. Learn what citizenship is and what it means to you. Discuss and think about national and community-based topics. Have the opportunity to meet youth from around the nation.
Activities: Meet with one of Arizona's United States Senators or Representatives on Capitol Hill. Visit the Washington National Cathedral, Arlington National Cemetery, Smithsonian Institution and many other places.
Leadership Washington Focus (LWF)
Date:Location: July 27 - 31, 2020 in Chevy Chase, MD
Participants: 7th - 9th Graders
In summer 2014, we introduced the precursor to CWF, the first national 4-H event designed exclusively for middle school 4-Hers: Leadership Washington Focus(LWF).
- Build confidence and motivational skills to lead others in meaningful action
- Practice effective inter-personal communication skills through group discussions and public speaking
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals
- Develop a personal leadership style
- Exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other 4‑H'ers from across the nation
- Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
- Watch Video
National 4-H Congress
Date/Location: November 29 - December 3, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia
Participants: High School aged 4-H members
National 4-H Congress is a five day event that engages high school aged 4-H members in leadership, citizenship, global awareness, and inclusion.
Arizona 4-H members must submit their Record Books to their County 4-H office where they will be judged. The County 4-H office will send their selections on to the State 4-H office to be judged and a delegation chosen.
Activities: Tour the area, attend seminars and discussion groups, meet with national 4-H sponsors and participate in a service learning experience.
National 4-H Conference
Date/Location: March 28 - April 2, 2020 in Washington, D.C.
Participants: Youth 16 to 18 years
National 4-H Conference is an opportunity for passionate 4-H youth from around the nation to convene near the U.S. Capital and develop their civic engagement. For more information about National 4-H Conference, please visit the event page here.
National Youth Summit Series
Participants: High school students 9th - 12th grade
Activities: Join 4-H members from across the nation to learn new skills, engage in hands-on activities, workshops, and hear from nationally-recognized leaders.
Select one of the four National Youth Summits to pursue your area of passion! Registration information is coming soon..
- STEM: October 24 - 27, 2019
- Agri-Science: January 9 -12, 2020
- Healthy Living: February 13 - 16, 2020
- Photography: February 26 - March 1, 2020