4-H Camp G.R.I.T.
What is Camp G.R.I.T?: 4-H Camp G.R.I.T. is a great opportunity for youth from across Maricopa County to try new things and make great friends! The goal of 4-H Camp G.R.I.T. is simple: to create lasting memories for years to come. This camp will offer unique experiences, offer the chance to meet new friends and, will teach you a wide variety of new concepts! Learn how to lead, explore the wilderness, and enjoy amazing activities you might otherwise not have a chance to do!
The word G.R.I.T is an acronym used to define what 4-H camp is all about!
- Growing: Camp teaches you new things and helps you grow old skills.
- Reaching: Disconnects you from day-to-day life and connects you to a brand new hands-on learning environment.
- Impacting: Leaves positive impressions and memories that follow you for the rest of your life.
- Tomorrow: Prepares you to tackle any and every challenge you might face tomorrow.
Where: James 4-H Camp
When: June 19-23, 2023
Who: Open to all youth ages 9-14 years old!
Registration will be through ZingBooks.
Non-4-H'ers can register here.
Family Rates: Regular rate for the first camper and then $50 off for each additional camper
***4-H Activity Support Fund: A limited number of Tractor Supply Company Scholarship Funds will be offered to active 4-H members
REGISTRATION CLOSES: June 5, 2023
* Families will need to arrange transportation to and from camp. Directions available here:
We are excited to announce we are looking for counselors for Camp G.R.I.T. 2022. If you are a youth, ages 15-18, who wants to come to camp, teach camp-activities, and help care for our campers, apply here and provide us with two references.
- Counselor Application 2022
- Reference Form
If you are accepted, following an interview, the following are the mandatory 2023 dates for camp counselor trainings
- Saturday, March 11 - 10am-4pm (Palo Verde Room, MCCE)
- Saturday, April 1 - 10am-4pm (Palo Verde Room, MCCE)
- Friday, April 21 – Sunday, April 23 – Overnight Camp Counselor training (James 4-H Camp)
- Saturday, May 20 - 10am-4pm (Palo Verde Room, MCCE)
- Wednesday, May 31 - 2-5pm (Palo Verde Room, MCCE)
- Wednesday, June 14 - 2-5pm ( MCCE)
- Camp G.R.I.T. – June 17 – 23 (James 4-H Camp)