Tofu Fried Rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Measuring cups and spoons
1 block (16 ounces) extra-firm tofu
Pinch of salt and pepper
3 tablespoons peanut oil
3 cups cooked white rice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups canned bamboo shoots, chopped
2 cups carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Pat dry tofu with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add tofu. Cook for 4 minutes or until lightly brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, rice, garlic into the pan. Separate rice into grains, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots and carrots into the pan. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes to let thaw.
- Add the cooked tofu, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce is mixed evenly.