Statewide Needs Assessment
University of Arizona Cooperative Extension conducted a statewide needs assessment survey in Fall 2022 to better understand what issues Arizonans say are important.
- The interactive dashboard helps people like government officials, non-profit staff, educators and journalists filter responses to investigate how priorities change for different groups of people.
- The Statewide Needs Assessment Survey Report and Arizona Secondary Data Profile include results and in-depth demographics comparing survey respondents with the general population of Arizona.
Specific information about each county is also available.
- County one-pagers summarize priority needs identified by respondents in each county and are available in English and Spanish.
- County reports go more in-depth with additional results in each topical area and demographics.
- County secondary data profiles are a collection of data from publicly available sources describing the population, economics, health, education, agriculture, and natural environment in each county.
The current survey process was designed to identify needs and priorities at the state level and county level. Collecting data that meaningfully informs Extension's partnership with Arizona tribes will require a tribal-specific needs assessment that honors the data sovereignty of individual tribal nations. Tribal community members were not excluded from participation in this survey, however, and are included as state and county residents.