State 4-H Ambassador Application Process
TIMELINE FOR APPLICANTS
April 2, 2020 – Applications are released and are open for submissions.
May 1, 2020 – Applications are due to the State 4-H Office via the online link.
May 6, 2020 – Applicants will receive a notification if they will have the opportunity to do a virtual interview.
May 13th – May 14th, 2020 – Virtual interviews take place with the selection committee.
May 15th, 2020 – The selected Arizona 4-H Ambassador Team for 2020 – 2021 is announced.
- applicants must be rising Juniors or Seniors in high school;
- or, 16 – 18 (years as of 4-H age);
- member in Good Standing with County 4-H Program;
- willing to commit to attending the required events (please see the schedule for a complete list);
- exhibit a high level of responsiveness and communication skills.
- willing to work well with team members;
- have experience working with youth and/or serving as a mentor for other people;
- interest in developing skills as a leader.
(Name, county, preferred Ambassador position, etc.)
- Please share some of the ways that you have exhibited leadership skills.
- Why are you interested in being a statewide representative of Arizona 4-H?
- When working with a team, what do you feel are your strengths? What do you believe are your greatest areas for improvement?
As a State 4-H Ambassador in many cases, you are the voice of the program. Whether you have the opportunity to speak at a state-level recognition event or at a neighboring county's award night, in that moment you are Arizona 4-H. In some cases, you may be asked to share your "4-H story."
We are interested in hearing more about how 4-H has shaped your life experience so far and where you hope for it to lead you in the future. Please describe an experience in 4-H that has significantly impacted your life.
For these questions, you can either write an essay (500 words or less) or answer the same questions in a video (2 - 3 minutes).
Letters of Recommendation
One of the letters of recommendation needs to be from a 4-H related person, including a leader, county agent, or county staff member. The second can be from any person who you feel knows you well and can speak to your leadership capabilities. (Neither of the references can be completed by a family member).
*** We advise that you prepare all of your responses on a separate document prior to submitting anything at the link below. The application does not save where you left off.***