Nutrition, Obesity and Physical Education (NOPA)
University of Arizona Cooperative Extension San Carlos Apache Tribe
Providing workshops to help San Carlos Apache parents/guardians, child care providers and other caregivers teach children (ages 0-5) healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
Who is this program for?
This program is for all San Carlos Apache parents/guardians, child care providers, and other caregivers of 0-5-year-old children. Read how Eating Smart, Being Active classes have made a difference for Octavia Duncan and her family.
What workshops are available?
- Cooking Demos - hands-on cooking class on making healthy meals for you and your family. You get to eat what you prepare at each in-person class.
- Eating Smart, Being Active - perfect for families that want to eat healthy and enjoying physical activity together. Learn new recipes, activities that encourage movement and more to help your family live a healthier lifestyle!
- Gardening Basic Training - assists organizations participating in the Grow It! Try It! Like It! program make the most out of their gardening space.
- Grow It! Try It! Like It! - a garden-themed education program that helps child care providers introduce children to more fruits and vegetables using fun interactive activities.
- Healthy Kids, Healthy Futures - empowers child care providers to make positive changes in their programs that will help young children develop healthy habits.
Who do I contact if I'm interested in a workshop?
- Cooking Demos - Melody Thomas (928) 402-8585 email@example.com
- Eating Smart, Being Active - Melody Thomas (928) 402-8585 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardening Basic Training - Juan Arias (928) 961-2441 email@example.com
- Grow It! Try It! Like It! - Teri James (928) 978-8510 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Healthy Kids, Healthy Futures - Melody Thomas (928) 402-8585 email@example.com
June 14 - Healthy Cooking Demo - In-Person
- Description: Learn tips to shop healthier, plan delicious meals, get active and make changes towards a healthier lifestyle for you and your family.
- Date & Time: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Location: Nalwoodi Denzhone Life Center, Dripping spring Sale Ring Rd., San Carlos, AZ, 85550.
- To register, contact: Melody Thomas at (928) 978-2620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easy to follow recipes that will help you introduce healthy foods to your children. Recipes use ingredients that are often found at your local grocery store.
Fruit and Vegetable Activities
Follow along with these fun activities that encourage your children to touch, smell, feel and taste new fruits and vegetables.
Nutrition, Obesity and Physical Activity is provided by the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension, San Carlos Apache Tribe and funded by a grant from First Things First.