Cheese Quesadillas with Grilled Bell Peppers and Onions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Measuring cup and spoons
2 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow), diced
1 large onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
2 cups shredded cheddar
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
6 8-inch corn tortillas
- Add the bell peppers, onions, and olive oil to preheated skillet, sauté for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Transfer bell peppers and onions into a colander. Allow to drain and cool off.
- In a mixing bowl, add bell peppers, onions, cilantro, lime juice, and cheese. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat then add the tortilla and spread bell peppers and cheese mixture evenly on the tortilla.
- Once the cheese starts to melt and the tortilla is golden brown, fold the tortilla in half and remove it from the heat. Continue doing this until all the tortillas are done.