The University of Arizona Cooperative Extension offers volunteers a variety of opportunities. Whether you want to make something happen in your community, help others reach their goal, or develop your own communication and leadership skills, you can find an Extension volunteer position that suits you.
Extension offers programs in youth development, gardening, nutrition, STEM engagement, and event management. For more information on the various programs, select from this list:
- 4-H: Inspiring the next generation of leaders, inventors, entrepreneurs, and problem solvers; transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary.
- Ag Literacy: Providing K-12 educators and students with knowledge which ensures an agriculturally literate society, one that understands and can communicate the value of agriculture as it affects our quality of life.
- Arizona Project WET: Engaging students in the exploration of and inquiry into Arizona water topics in the classroom and in the field.
- AZ Health Zone: Implementing community nutrition education programs to encourage healthy eating and increase physical activity with a goal of healthy body weights.
- Campus Arboretum: Guiding visitors through the growth and development of the University and the arid-adapted and native trees and plants that make up our landscape.
- The Garden Kitchen: Empowering families with the skills and knowledge to make wholesome, nutrition meals on any budget.
- Master Gardener: Providing research-based information on environmentally responsible gardening and landscaping to the public (extensive training required).
- STEM Education: Encouraging youth to explore robotics, rocketry, environmental science, agri-science, biotechnology, and veterinary science -- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Tucson Village Farm: Reconnecting young people to a healthy food system including growing and preparing food and making healthy life choices.
Or, contact someone in your local office to find out what is available today.
Don’t know where you want to start? Have a question about volunteering?
Contact Gloria Blumanhourst - Manager, Volunteer Systems.
Do you have a question that Cooperative Extension might be able to answer that doesn't have anything to do with volunteering? Tell us here what your question is.