Virtual Summit 2020
Coming to a computer near you!
AZ 4-H Summit is a youth conference focused on academic experience, career exploration, and community engagement. Summit made its debut this past summer of 2019 and was intended to be held on the University of Arizona campus again this year. This year, in response to the effects of COVID-19, are holding the 2020 AZ 4-H Youth Summit virtually! The Virtual Summit 2020 will be an opportunity for youth to continue their development, explore new areas of interest, and connect with other teens from around Arizona!
It's the beginning of June and you're thankful that online schooling has finally come to an end. The last thing you want to do is get in another online classroom (while you secretly play games on your phone). Check out the five reasons why this year's AZ 4-H Virtual Summit is not to be missed!
Make New Friends
Summit is a time to make new friends. In a time such as now, when we aren't able to be together in person, it is even more important than ever to still make positive social connections. Let's revamp how we make connections and start making new friends.
- Bond over a shared 4-H experience.
- Engage in team activities, led by other teen leaders.
Celebrate Something Positive
Summit is a time to celebrate something good. Join us in celebrating some of the cool things that are still happening around the state. Be a part of an event that helps provide a positive space for teens to have fun and celebrate all of the good that can still happen with 4-H.
- Join us for an event during Summit called AZ 4-H Presents that will focus on celebrating the year in 4-H!
- Enjoy the time to meet new people and create new lasting connections with 4-H community members around the state.
Enhance 4-H Project Area Learning
Continue to develop skills and expertise in your 4-H project area by selecting one of the three tracks available during the academic sessions. The three tracks include STEM/Agriculture, Civic Engagement, and Healthy Living.
- Connect with 4-H professionals and educators to help support you with your area of interest.
- Find your unique spark and learn how your 4-H projects can fuel that spark into a full-on flame!
Build Your Personal Brand
Summit is a time to build healthy habits and awareness about your digital footprint. We get it, social media is a way to, well... stay social. Social media is very important for academics, future jobs, and meeting new people. Truly, the content that you create paints a picture of who you are to anyone who may happen upon your social accounts. Let's talk about how to use social media to share an intended image and how to be a positive light with your social accounts.
- Engage in traditional networking and resume training workshops to help prepare you for employment.
- Learn skills about how to use your personal brand to be a positive influencer with your social image.
Create Community Impact
Have you ever identified a need in your community, but you were unaware of what you could do about it? Our goal is to help provide you with the tools to take back to your local communities and enact change. Whether you want to end child hunger in your community or help with highway litter control, join us in creating community service plans to create the change you want to see in your community.
- Learn how to create a community service plan and practice by working with a team.
- Develop tools to better help support your community's needs.
The first focus area of Summit is helping youth to merge their 4-H project area passion with academic pursuits. All academic resources for Summit will be shared in this area as they become available.
The second focus area of Summit is career exploration. Our goal is to help young people prepare for the next stages of life by supporting them with resumes and personal branding. All event resources in the area of career exploration can be found here.
The third focus area of Summit is to help youth identify what needs their community may have and what they can do to support those needs. All resources from Summit in the area of community planning can be found here.