Scheduling a date and time
- Our course is only open by reservation. All you need to do to reserve a date for your group is contact George Stefanakis and mention which date(s) you are hoping to bring a group to the course. . We can have your group visit any day of the week, any time of day so long as the sun is out. There may be some time restrictions due to seasonal weather (e.g. hot summer months).
Cost of programs
- We charge $300 for any group with up to 30 participants, $400 for groups with 31-40 participants, and $500 for groups with 41 or more. If our costs are outside your budget please let us know, and we will do our best to find a way accommodate your group.
- We can work with any number of people but the ideal group size is 12-25, and we recommend groups bring at least 8 to make the most out of our activities.
Age of participants
- All ages are welcome at our course, but most kids younger than 7 years old choose not to climb our high elements or participate in our low ropes team building activities. Anyone can climb provided that they can fit into our climbing harnesses and helmets safely.
Program time length
- Our programs usually last between 3-5 hours, but can be as long or as short as you want, depending on your group's time availability. We will make a time recommendation based on the size of your group and the goals for the day. Length of time does not affect the cost.
- There are 2 forms each person must complete before participating. Our staff will collect the forms on event day before the program begins. These forms are available on our Pima County Cooperative Extension page under Resources found here.
- We have extra forms on site if anyone forgets to bring theirs, but any youth that arrive on the course without completed forms will not be allowed to participate in the day's activities, unless they have a parent or guardian present who can sign off for them.
We recommend each person brings with them:
1) A reusable water bottle (we have water at the course
2) Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sun block)
3) Closed toe, athletic shoes
4) Comfortable/athletic clothing (shorts with longer inseam are better)
Our address is 1985 W. Fort Lowell Rd, but Google Maps takes you several hundred yards south of our actual location, so here are some directions:
Assuming you are driving from central Tucson:
- Go West on Prince Rd. until you are crossing the I-10 overpass.
- Go South (first LEFT) on the I-10 Frontage Rd. at the light.
- Remain on Frontage Rd. heading South (do NOT take ramp onto I-10) until you reach Fort Lowell Rd.
- Go West (turn RIGHT) onto Fort Lowell Rd.
- After passing a mobile home park on your right, you will see a fence on your left with sign reading "University of Arizona West Campus Agriculture Center."
- Enter the fenced area; you will see the 4-H High Ropes Course on your left.