Navajo Walk Across Arizona
Navajo County held their Walk Across Arizona celebration on August 30th, 2018. The participants were provided with healthy snacks, t-shirts, and prizes for the top team, top male and top female walkers. Navajo County's program runs from April 1st through the end of May each year.
- Top team - "Power Walkers" with a total of 2,591.17 miles.
- Top male individual - Delton Jenkins from "Between A Rock & A Hard Pace" team, with a total of 768.2 miles
- Top Female individual - Sandy Wagner from "Power Walkers" team, with a total of 419 miles.
- Participating Teams
- I-40 E from the Winslow area
- I-40-W from the Winslow area
- Zion 1 from the Winslow area
- Power Walkers from the Holbrook area.
- Between A Rock & A Hard Pace from the Holbrook area.
We encourage anyone who would like to participate next year to watch for the article in the Tribune newspaper (which covers Holbrook, Winslow and Snowflake areas), or contact our office for instructions when the time gets closer which will be around the beginning of March.
Navajo County Cooperative Extension - 928-524-6271