Navajo Walk Across Arizona
The University of Arizona Cooperative Extension office of Navajo County is entering its’ eleventh year of promoting the Walk Across Arizona program, and challenging Navajo County participants to “get moving” by joining people across Arizona in a the friendly competition that tracks the number of miles walked in Navajo County.
Walk Across Arizona challenges youth, families, and individuals to start walking to promote healthy active living. Walking reduces risks for diabetes, heart disease, obesity and chronic health problems. Walk Across Arizona is a fun way to get motivated to stay healthy by walking.
This eight week program is designed for teams of up to ten people, and begins April 1st.
- $10 registration fee per person and eligible for a prize drawing.
- $15 registration fee per person includes a T-shirt and eligible for prize
- If you are registering your same team from last year go directly to the Walk Across Arizona website and register your team for 2019
- If you have a new team that needs to be registered, please call the University of Arizona Navajo County Cooperative Extension office at 928-524-6271.
- The miles are logged by individual members and recorded on the Walk Across Arizona website.