Hemp Disease Diagnosis
University of Arizona Yuma County Cooperative Extension Pilot Project on Hemp
- Conducting varietal and best management practice trials to generate information for growers.
- Providing resources to suppliers, growers and extractors
- Opportunities for networking and bringing community together
- Working towards developing a sustainable and self-sufficient Arizona hemp production
- 2020 Preseason Hemp Meeting on February 3, 2020
- Department of Agriculture (USDA) released the long awaited draft hemp production regulations, produced under direction of the 2018 Farm Bill.
- USDA also released a new page for hemp producers detailing programs available for farmers.
Our first open field hemp trial is in full swing. We are now focusing on best management practices. We have one acre autoflowering plants trial and a small set of day-length dependent varietal trials.
Stay tuned in this space for results on best management practice trials.
1. Conventional Land + Drip irrigation
2. Conventional land + furrow irrigation
3. Compost added + Drip irrigation
4. Compost added + furrow irrigation
We also will be conducting statewide trial soon.