What can I use as a natural weed/grass killer?
Do you know of a natural weed/grass killer. Do not want to use Roundup and have already tried Vinegar/Dawn/Epson Salts---it did not work!
Here are some options:
- Corn gluten meal can be used as a pre-emergent (kills weed seeds before germinating). Do not apply after the weeds begin to grow, as it is nitrogen.
- If you want to choke out undesirable weeds over time, and you have an area that lends itself to native vegetation, you can plant competitors like native buffalo grass or blue grama grass.
- You can solarize the ground to kill everything
- Manage with chickens, goats, or sheep
- If you use vinegar, which is acetic acid, it needs to be at least 10% acetic acid, so household vinegar will not be strong enough
Least Toxic Herbicides
- Rosemary oil and sodium lauryl sulfate
- Ammoniated soap of fatty acids
- Potassium of fatty acids