Robotics Project Spring 2023
- Offered by The University of Arizona Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development 4-HSTEM YOUniversity Program
- Lego Robotics 1: March 6 through June 30, 2023
- Lego Robotics 2: April 3 through June 30, 2023 (Legos Robotics 1 should be completed before moving onto Lego Robotics 2)
- Open to youth 5th grade to 12th grade, Teachers, Educators, and adults interested in becoming 4-H Volunteers
- Available in all 15 counties in AZ and Federally Recognized Tribel Extension Programs (FRTEP), dependent on 4-H Volunteer supervision
- In order for the project to be offered in your county, school, club, or specific location. a Teacher, Educator, or 4-H Volunteer will need to supervise the project
- Meeting times will be coordinated at each location i.e., (school, club, community center) across the state offering the project
- Lego Robotics EV3 MINDSTORM supplies are available and will be coordinated through your 4-H County Cooperative Extension Office
- Lego Robotics Curriculum (step-by-step video instructions) will be available on google Classroom for adult 4-H Volunteers to access for teaching and for student learning
Adults: Teachers, Educators, and 4-H Volunteers
- Are you a Teacher, Educator or an adult interested in becoming a 4-H Volunteer, interested in learning about robotics and teaching this project to your students or club members? Make a difference in your community and become a STEM 4-H Volunteer!
- Teachers, Educators, and adult 4-H Volunteer begin the membership process with your County Agent
- Teachers, Educators and 4-H Volunteers receive Professional Development Hours for your participation
Youth: 5th grade to 12th grade
- Are you a 5th-12th grade student interested in learning about building a robot, coding and problem solving and critical thinking? Do you enjoy hands-on activities and learning about engineering design process? Then this project is right for you!
- Youth are encouraged to become a 4-H member
- Students receive certificates of completion and special awards are given
Registration Closes May 15, 2023 for those planning on offering the program during June
Register at Zsuites
- Don't delay... apply today!
County or Tribal Extension Offices: Apache Cochise Coconino Gila Graham Greenlee Hualapai Nation La Paz/Colorado River Indian Tribes Maricopa Mohave Navajo Navajo County - Hopi Tribe Navajo Nation Navajo Nation - Shiprock Navajo Nation - Tuba City Navajo Nation - Window Rock Pima Pinal San Carlos Apache Tribe Santa Cruz Yavapai Yuma