4-H STEM YOUniversity: STEM Ambassador Project 2022
- Arizona 4-H STEM YOUniversity is excited to offer the STEM Ambassador Project, March through August, 2022.
- Are you a 6th-12th grade student not only interested in learning about STEM and also ready to take on a leadership and civic engagement role in your community by sharing what you have learned with peers and younger youth? Become a STEM Ambassador, receive training in STEM activities, leadership and civic engagement and make a difference in your community!
- Up to three spots are available per county and Federally Recognized Tribal Extension Program (FRTEP)
- Open to youth 6th-12th grade, will need to become a 4-H member, begin the membership process with your County Agent
- Following registration, youth are required to submit supplemental application material to Dr. Gerardo Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplemental material must be received by Friday March 4, 5pm. Reviewing committee will review applications and notify applicants of the results.
Supplemental Application Material:
- Resume - include education, experience, skills, employment; 1 page
- Personal statement - include background, interests, and academic goals; 1 page
- Essay - explain what interests you about becoming a STEM Ambassador and why you should be selected; 1 page
- Please complete the supplemental material in a single word document in the order described above.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Selected youth will attend trainings during the spring semester to learn STEM activities, leadership and civic engagement strategies, dates/times TBD
- Following training, STEM Ambassadors will promote the 4-H STEM projects at tabling events in their community to increase 4-H enrollment
- STEM Ambassadors will attend first Zoom meeting in March for introductions and orientation to project
- Zoom meetings will be scheduled for updates and to collaborate with STEM Ambassadors from other counties/FRTEP across the state
Registration closes March 4
Register at Zsuites
Don't delay... apply today!
County or Tribal Extension Offices: Apache Cochise Coconino Gila Graham Greenlee Hualapai Nation La Paz/Colorado River Indian Tribes Maricopa Mohave Navajo Navajo County - Hopi Tribe Navajo Nation Navajo Nation - Shiprock Navajo Nation - Tuba City Navajo Nation - Window Rock Pima Pinal San Carlos Apache Tribe Santa Cruz Yavapai Yuma