4-H in Space: Mission Command Team Project
- Arizona 4-H STEM YOUniversity is excited to offer the 4-H in Space: Mission Command Team Project, February 28 through August 31, 2022.
- Limited space available - only 12 statewide
- Open to youth 8th-12th grade, will need to become a 4-H member, begin the membership process with your County Agent
- Following registration, youth are required to submit supplemental application material to Dr. Gerardo Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplemental material must be received by Friday March 11, 5pm. Reviewing committee will review applications and notify applicants of the results.
Supplemental Application Material:
- Resume - include education, experience, skills, employment; 1 page
- Personal statement - include background, interests, and academic goals; 1 page
- Essay - explain what interests you about the project and why you should be selected; 1 page
- Please complete the supplemental material in a single word document in the order described above.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Selected youth will attend workshop trainings in March to learn space curriculum, dates/times TBD
- Following training, each Space Ambassador will offer workshops to youth in their counties with the goal of reaching at least 50 youth before the end of July 2022
- Space Ambassadors will attend regular Zoom meetings and collaborate with 4-H youth in Florida, Illinois, and Indiana.
- Youth will attend the "Go for Launch" Higher Orbits 3-day camp at the Center for Space Education at Kennedy Space Center, in FL, departing July 11 and returning July 16.
- During the camp teens will work in collaborative teams with partner states to design experiments astronauts could conduct in space.
- The winning design will be launched to the International Space Station! More information can be found at Higher Orbits.
- The cost will be covered by the project grant: ISSNL CASIS, generous donations by the 4-H Foundation, county, and youth.
Registration closes March 11(Registration has closed)
Register at Zsuites
Don't delay... apply today!
County or Tribal Extension Offices: Apache Cochise Coconino Gila Graham Greenlee Hualapai Nation La Paz/Colorado River Indian Tribes Maricopa Mohave Navajo Navajo County - Hopi Tribe Navajo Nation Navajo Nation - Shiprock Navajo Nation - Tuba City Navajo Nation - Window Rock Pima Pinal San Carlos Apache Nation Santa Cruz Yavapai