Underwater Robotics Project Spring 2022
- Arizona 4-H STEM YOUniversity is excited to offer the Underwater Robotics Project, February 15 through May 7, 2022.
- Open to youth, teachers, educators and 4-H volunteers; will need to become a 4-H member or Certified 4-H Volunteers, begin the membership process with your County Agent
- Are you a 6th-12th grade student interested in learning about underwater robotics? Do you enjoy hands-on activities, learning about engineering design process, circuitry and soldering? Then this project is right for you!
- Are you a 6th-12th grade student not only interested in learning about underwater robotics but also ready to take on a leadership and civic engagement role in your community by sharing what you have learned with peers and younger youth? Become a STEM Ambassador, receive training in leadership and civic engagement and make a difference in your community!
- Are you a Teacher, Educator or 4-H Volunteer in Arizona and interested in learning about underwater robotics and teaching this project to your students or club members? Make a difference in your community become a 4-H STEM Volunteer!
- Underwater Robotics Project is available in all 15 counties in AZ and Federally Recognized Tribe Extension Programs (FRTEP)
- Schedule days & times: Tuesdays & Thursdays starting February 15 - May 5 from after school, specific times will be determine to best meet participants schedule.
- MATE Regional competition will be held May 7 at the Unvirsity of Arizona Recreation Swimming Pool
Highlights of the program
- Teams participate in the competition and see if your ROV can complete the underwater challenge course
- Students receive certificates of completion
- Teachers, Educators and 4-H Volunteers receive Professional Development Hours for your participation
- Participants will coordinate checkout of the underwater robotics kit supplies at your University of Arizona Cooperative Extension County 4-H Office
Registration Closes February 11
Register at Zsuites
- Don't delay... apply today!
County or Tribal Extension Offices: Apache Cochise Coconino Gila Graham Greenlee Hualapai Nation La Paz/Colorado River Indian Tribes Maricopa Mohave Navajo Navajo County - Hopi Tribe Navajo Nation Navajo Nation - Shiprock Navajo Nation - Tuba City Navajo Nation - Window Rock Pima Pinal San Carlos Apache Nation Santa Cruz Yavapai