Greenhouse Engineering Design & Sustainable Energy Virtual Camp
Updated January 19 through May 22
- We will meet every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm starting Jan. 19 and ending on May 22. We will also meet every other Saturday from 9am to 1pm starting Jan. 30, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, Mar. 13, Mar. 27, Apr. 10, Apr. 24, May 8, and May 22.
- One youth (6th to 12th grade) will be selected from each of the 15 counties and 5 Federally Recognized Tribal Extension Programs (FRTEP) to participate
- Upon being selected tool kits and project supplies will be delivered to the county 4-H office and student will coordinate with county staff to sign out and return took kits and remaining supplies
- Meeting sessions will be via zoom and will be facilitated by team leaders; county STEM Ambassador, STEM Counselor(s) and Adult Educator and/or 4-H Volunteer or 4-H Staff
- Participants will have an opportunity to showcase their projects through a video recording at the Recognition Ceremony on May 22.
- Projects will be judged and winners and awards will be announced at the Recognition Ceremony in May.
Prerequisite: 4-H membership required at the time of acceptance in your county
Registration Extended for the Greenhouse Engineering Design & Sustainable Energy Virtual Camp will be done via Eventbrite
- Head to Eventbrite
- Select the ticket Greenhouse Engineering Project
What is the Greenhouse Engineering Design & Sustainable Energy Project
The Greenhouse Engineering Design & Sustainable Energy Project is a multidisciplinary project that integrates the: social and cultural perspectives and experiences of students; Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM); and the engineering design to build a Sustainable green energy greenhouse through a hands-on problem based learning approach. The curriculum has 10 modules that take students through a journey of self exploration in building a model scale greenhouse and then recreating it with new ideas based on what they learned through the hands-on experiences on solar, wind and hydro green energy and much more. This project is truly an experience like no other!