Underwater Robotics Camp Spring 2021
4-H STEM YOUniversity
Open to youth, teachers, educators and 4-H Volunteers
- Are you a 6th-12th grade student interested in learning about underwater robotics? Do you enjoy hands-on activities, learning about engineering design process, circuitry and soldering? Then this project is right for you!
- Are you a 6th-12th grade student not only interested in learning about underwater robotics but also ready to take on a leadership and civic engagement role in your community by sharing what you have learned with peers and younger youth? Become a STEM Ambassador, receive training in leadership and civic engagement and make a difference in your community!
- Are you a Teacher, Educator or 4-H Volunteer in Arizona and interested in learning about underwater robotics and teaching this project to your students or club members after attending this camp? We want you to make a difference become a STEM Counselor!
Only 20 Teams will be selected for this opportunity!
- 20 Teams (Individual or small group) will be selected
- Youth 6th-12th grade will need to become a 4-H member, begin the membership process with your County Agent
- Teachers and Educators will need to become Certified 4-H Volunteers, begin the process with your County Agent
- Schedule meeting times will be every Wednesday starting March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14, 21, 28 from 5:30-7:30pm; and every other Saturdays starting March 13, 27, April 10, 24 from 2-4pm. Competition day will TBD between May 1-May 15.
Highlights of the program
- Teams participate in the competition and see if your ROV can complete the underwater challenge course
- Students receive certificates of completion
- Teachers, Educators and 4-H Volunteers receive Professional Development Hours for your participation
- Participants will pickup and return the underwater robotics kit supplies at your county University of Arizona Cooperative Extension 4-H Office
Registration Closes February 24
Register for the Underwater Robotics Camp via Eventbrite
- Head to Eventbrite
- Select the ticket Underwater Robotics
What is the Underwater Robotics Project?