4-H STEM YOUniversity: Robotics 101 and 102 Virtual Train-the-Trainer Workshop Winter 2021
Robotics 101 and 102 Virtual Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Updated Schedule: January 19 - January 28; 6:00pm-7:30pm
- January 19, January 21, January 25, January 27, January 28
- Both Robotics 101 and 102 Train-the-Trainer Workshops will be held at the same time and breakout rooms will be utilized to review specific activities
- Learn CoderZ Cyber Robotics 101or 102 curriculum
- The limited meeting times allows for individuals to complete missions and activities according to their schedules.
- Additional drop in sessions available if necessary to provide assistance to complete activities
- A time line pacing the completion of missions will be provided
- County STEM Ambassador, STEM Counselor(s) and an Adult Educator and/or 4-H Volunteer from your school, club and/or community will first attend the Train-the-Trainer workshop, which will give them the tools to lead their Robotics team through the Cyber Robotics 101 or 102 CoderZ curriculum
- Youth seeking a leadership role are encouraged to reach out to their Educator and/or 4-H Volunteer and attend the Train-the-Trainer workshop and become Youth STEM Counselors
Robotics 101 and 102 Virtual Camp
February 1 through March 5
- Each robotics team will be facilitated by team leaders; county STEM Ambassador, STEM Counselor(s) and an Adult Educator and/or 4-H Volunteer from your school, club and/or community
- Each team will have 4-7 youth, 5th to 12th grade
- Each of these camps will be held separately across the state but will all start on February 1 and finish on March 5.
- Each individual team will schedule their meeting times. This implementation model will allow flexibility with scheduling meeting times according to their teams specific availability.
- A pacing calendar is a guide to ensure teams are progressing through the Cyber Robotics 101 and 102 curriculum in order to complete the curriculum with the 5-week camp and before March 5.
- The student showcase, certificate and awards ceremony will be held on March 5; time TBD.
- Teams will compete with each other by determining which team has the highest team average score.
Registration Extended for the Robotics 101 and 102 Virtual Camp will be done via Eventbrite
- Head to Eventbrite
- Select this ticket Train-the-Trainer 101if you have participated in the Robotics Camp 101 and are interested in being a STEM Counselor.
- Select this ticket Train-the-Trainer 102 if you have participated in the Robotics Camp 101 and the Robotics Train-the-Trainer 101 workshop.
What is CoderZ
CoderZ is an innovative and fun learning platform for students worldwide to engage in robotics, computer science, and STEM to foster 21st century skills. Using simulated 3D virtual cyber robots, students learn Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics while engaging in challenging tiered missions that develop creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and an appreciation for technology. For additional information about CoderZ
CoderZ Equipment Minimum Requirements
- Windows 7 and up
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Up
- Chrome OS (Chromebooks)
- Ubuntu 16 and up
- Latest Chrome browser 64 bit
- i5 or similar; recommended 64 Bit architecture
- 4 GB; recommended 8 GB
- 1280 width or more
- High Speed / broadband connection (15 Mbps); wired connection is preferred
The following two domains should be white-listed in both email servers and firewalls for optimal performance of CoderZ: