4-H STEM YOUniversity: Robotics 101 Virtual Train-the-Trainer Workshop Fall 2020
Robotics 101 Virtual Train-the-Trainer Workshop
October 26 - November 6; 6:00pm-7:30pm
- October 26, October 28, October 30, November 2, November 4, November 6
- Learn CoderZ Cyber Robotics 101curriculum
- The limited meeting times allows for individual to complete missions and activities according to individual schedules.
- Additional drop in sessions available if necessary to provide assistance to complete activities
- A time line pacing the completion of missions will be provided
- Educators and/or 4-H Volunteers will first attend the Train-the-Trainer workshop, which will give them the tools to lead their Robotics team through the CoderZ curriculum
- Youth seeking a leadership role are encouraged to reach out to their Educator and/or 4-H Volunteer and attend the Train-the-Trainer workshop and become Youth STEM Counselors
Robotics 101 Virtual Camp
November 16 through December 18
- Each of the 15 to 20 teams need to be led by an Adult Educator and/or 4-H Volunteer
- Each team needs to have 4-7 youth, 5th to 12th grade
- Each of these camps will be held separately across the state but will start and finish at the same time.
- Each individual team will schedule their meeting times and a pacing calendar will be available to ensure teams are making progress through the Cyber Robotics 101 curriculum in a reasonable pace to complete the curriculum before December 18. This implementation model will allow flexibility with scheduling meeting times according to their teams specific availability
- The student showcase, certificate and awards recognition will be held on December 18 from 6-7:30pm. This is a required event to complete the project
- Teams will compete with each other by determining which team has the highest team average score. Cyber Robotics 102 -The same format will be used for the Cyber Robotics 102 curriculum from January to March. More will follow on this event
Registration for both the Train-the-Trainer Workshops and the Robotics CoderZ Virtual Camp will be done in ZingBooks
- Head to 4h.zuite.org and with your parents please sign up. If you don't have a profile you will need to create one. Once you log in and get to your profile, click on "Add Household Member". You will need to add each member that wants to participate. Enter your name, role ("club member" for youth and "volunteer" for adults), and birthdate. After this, click on "dashboard" to head back to the main page.
- Click on "Events" (towards the bottom of the page) on the left-hand side
- If you are an adult/volunteer, click "Register Now" on the "Train-the-Trainer Workshops" event.
- If you are a youth member in 5th-12th grade, click on "Register Now" on the "Robotics CoderZ Virutal Camp" event.
- If you run into any issues, please use the live chat feature on the bottom right-hand corner.
What is CoderZ
CoderZ is an innovative and fun learning platform for students worldwide to engage in robotics, computer science, and STEM to foster 21st century skills. Using simulated 3D virtual cyber robots, students learn Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics while engaging in challenging tiered missions that develop creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and an appreciation for technology. For additional information about CoderZ
CoderZ Equipment Minimum Requirements
- Windows 7 and up
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Up
- Chrome OS (Chromebooks)
- Ubuntu 16 and up
- Latest Chrome browser 64 bit
- i5 or similar; recommended 64 Bit architecture
- 4 GB; recommended 8 GB
- 1280 width or more
- High Speed / broadband connection (15 Mbps); wired connection is preferred
The following two domains should be white-listed in both email servers and firewalls for optimal performance of CoderZ: