Engaged Citizens Event
The Engaged Citizens Event is an opportunity for Arizona 4-H teens to engage with local and state leaders. Each county and tribal community has the opportunity to send two delegates to represent them and engage with their local legislators. Whether you're interested in a career in politics someday or in how you can improve your community, this event will help you see where a path in public service could take you.
Join us for each of the following unique topics:
- how to tell your 4-H story in a compelling manner;
- learn about the basic government structure for Arizona and how our local legislators fit into it;
- hear about the many forms that a career in Public Service could take, including entry-level opportunities;
- prepare to engage with local legislators and other government officials.
The Engaged Citizens Event is a great opportunity to engage with civic education at a local level prior to attending an event such as National 4-H Congress or Citizenship Washington Focus.
- All applications should be submitted by March 18th.
- Submit the 2020 Youth Delegate Application for Engaged Citizens Event.
- Only 2 delegates from each county/tribal community will be selected to attend the event.
- Participants must be Age 16 – 18 (4-H Age).
- All applicants will be notified of their application status by March 28, 2020.
We are not accepting parent chaperones for this event. There will be 4-H staff who will be in charge of the youth during their time at the event. If you are a 4-H staff member and you are interested in helping with this event, please email Schuyler Germann.