Southwestern Grasslands Research & Management Workshop
Please participate in this important workshop to: 1) advance the success of grassland restoration, and 2) identify opportunities for collaboration to scale up grassland restoration in the Southwest. This workshop will result in increased communication among and between researchers and practitioners and provide a forum to identify high-priority research needs and methods for increasing the scope and scale of grassland restoration. Please forward this invitation to your colleagues.
This workshop is organized by the Arizona Cross-Watershed Network (AZ XWN), with support from UA Cooperative Extension, US Fish and Wildlife Service, AZ Department of Forestry and Fire Management, AZ Game and Fish Department, and Pima County.
The workshop will include:
- Expert presentations on the “state of the practice” of grassland restoration.
- Lightning talks by restoration practitioners including non-profit organizations, private landowners, and state and federal wildlife and land managers
- Lightning talks by researchers on low cost emerging technologies in restoration
- Break-out discussions to identify opportunities to address pressing grassland restoration challenges
- Large-group discussions on emerging opportunities for scaling up grassland restoration