Arizona Women in Agriculture Conference - Day 2
You are invited to attend the twenty-second annual Arizona Women in Agriculture Conference to be held July 12 & 13, 2018 at the Westward Look Resort in Tucson.
July 13th Agenda:
8:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast (Business casual attire)
8:30 Call to Order and Welcome Senator Sine Kerr, Chairman, Arizona Farm Bureau Women’s Leadership and Catherine Mann, Women’s Director, Arizona Farm Bureau
9:00 Accepting Interruptions Katie Pinke, AgWeek’s publisher, Columnist, Communications consultant, and Speaker
- Even the most well-orchestrated plans aren’t exempt from interruptions. Drawing upon personal trials and triumphs, Katie will help attendees define their paths forward through lifes pivotal moments and empower each to find their voice.
10:45 Panel: The Food Chain Moderator: Sherry Saylor
- Five panelists from vital areas of the agriculture industry, will talk about misconceptions regarding their portion of the food chain and address consumer concerns about food and nutrition.
12:00 Networking Lunch
1:00 p.m. Concurrent Workshops
- Ride Along with the Department of Agriculture Representatives from the Arizona Department of Agriculture Attendees travel to four different learning stations during this interactive workshop. Giddy-up!
- Today’s Trends in Labeling Terri Verason, VP of Nutrition Education, Dairy Council of Arizona Why is the food label the way that it is and why is it changing? Learn about the information on food labels, what they purport to tell us, what’s missing, and what to expect with the new changes.
2:00 Dessert Break and Raffle drawings
2:30 Concurrent Workshops continue
- Growing Arizona’s Economy: Ag and CAP’s Important Partnership Lisa Atkins, CAP Board President Learn about the 336-mile system that delivers Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona and the important role Agriculture plays.
- On-Line Snipers: Strategies to Handling Controversy or Criticism on Social Media Katie Aikins, Arizona Farm Bureau, Director of Education and Liz Foster, Executive Director, Maricopa County Farm Bureau
3:30 Monsanto Comes to Marana
- Amanda McClerren, Trait & Pipeline Delivery Lead, Monsanto
4:00 Eggcellent Containers: The Rest of the Story
- Sharman Hickman, Hickman’s Family Farms