AZ 4-H COVID-19 Response
Dr. Jeremy Elliott-Engel
*The reinstatement of programs will be reassessed prior to August 1.
The leadership of the Arizona 4-H program is monitoring the Coronavirus 2019 disease (COVID-19) situation. Decisions regarding COVID-19 with implications for Extension operations will be made at the county level. For further updated information please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. Arizona Cooperative Extension and Arizona 4-H will follow all programmatic decisions put forth by University of Arizona Provost, Liesl Folks. UArizona specific updates can be found here.
Arizona 4-H and the University of Arizona have an obligation to protect the youth and communities that they serve using the best research-based information available. Social distancing is needed to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
All 4-H sponsored in-person programming is cancelled effective immediately until July 1st, when further evaluation will take place. This is an evolving situation and we will continue to keep you updated. We recognize this is a major disruption to your normal life experience. While many traditional events may be cancelled, we do want 4-H to be an excellent way to grow and learn. Check out activities for Arizona 4-H at-home learning
Please check back regularly as this is a developing situation and in the coming days, weeks, and months we will know more about the local implications of COVID-19.
- 3/10/2020 10:00pm (Arizona time) - No operational impacts at this time. Go here for the 4-H club guide.
- 3/11/2020 4:00pm (Arizona time) - Follow here for Arizona Cooperative Extension operational updates
- 3/13/2020 8:30am (Arizona time) - The Engaged Citizens Event will be postponed due the Arizona State Capitals restrictions. Rescheduled date to be determined.
- 3/13/2020 6:30pm (Arizona time) - Pinal County decides to limit participation at the county fair. Please see this document for further information or contact the Pinal Cooperative Extension Director Dr. Cathy Martinez.
- 3/14/2020 2:00pm (Arizona time) - All 4-H programming in Arizona is suspended until April 1st.
- 3/16/2020 9:00am (Arizona time) - James 4-H Camp suspends programming until April 31st.
- 3/23/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) - The county fairs for Maricopa, Pinal, Pima, and Yuma counties, as well as the Yavapai County Expo, have been cancelled. Please see the hyperlinks for each county for further information or contact the county Cooperative Extension Office directly.
- 3/24/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) - All 4-H in-person programming in Arizona is suspended until July 1st.
- 4/1/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) - All 4-H in-person programming in Arizona is suspended until further notice.