AZ 4-H COVID-19 Response
Dr. Jeremy Elliott-Engel
- Arizona 4-H COVID-19 requisito de mitigación fase carta familiar (https://extension.arizona.edu/estimadas-familias-de-4-h).
UArizona, Cooperative Extension, and 4-H leadership will continue to regularly assess the constantly changing COVID-19 global pandemic and how it impacts Arizona. We will share further guidance as we are able. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your county 4-H extension staff.
Arizona 4-H is committed to the health and safety of our youth, volunteers, staff, families and the communities we work in. To that end, a safe environment is the fundamental building block of positive youth development. While we remain committed to creating opportunities for young people to turn their spark into mastery, it would be negligent of Arizona 4-H to continue programming in the event that a safe environment can not be ensured.
For further updated information please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. UArizona Cooperative Extension and Arizona 4-H will follow all programmatic decisions put forth by University of Arizona Provost, Liesl Folks. UArizona specific updates can be found here.
Working under the guidance of the UArizona and Cooperative Extension, Arizona 4-H has developed and adopted a plan for re-entry into 4-H in-person programming. Opportunities may look and feel significantly different than in the past, however, this new modality will ensure the safety of Arizona youth and the adult volunteers who guide them.
- 3/10/2020 10:00pm (Arizona time) - No operational impacts at this time. Go here for the 4-H club guide.
- 3/13/2020 8:30am (Arizona time) - The Engaged Citizens Event will be postponed due the Arizona State Capitals restrictions. Rescheduled date to be determined.
- 3/13/2020 6:30pm (Arizona time) - Pinal County decides to limit participation at the county fair. Please see this document for further information or contact the Pinal Cooperative Extension Director Dr. Cathy Martinez.
- 3/14/2020 2:00pm (Arizona time) - All 4-H programming in Arizona is suspended until April 1st.
- 3/16/2020 9:00am (Arizona time) - James 4-H Camp suspends programming until April 31st.
- 3/23/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) - The county fairs for Maricopa, Pinal, Pima, and Yuma counties, as well as the Yavapai County Expo, have been cancelled. Please see the hyperlinks for each county for further information or contact the county Cooperative Extension Office directly.
- 3/24/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) - All 4-H in-person programming in Arizona is suspended until July 1st.
- 4/1/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) - All 4-H in-person programming in Arizona is suspended until further notice.
- 7/30/2020 9:00pm (Arizona time) – 2020 Coconino County Fair Youth Livestock competition will occur virtually
- 7/31/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) – Arizona 4-H COVID-19 mitigation requirement phase plan will commence on August 19. Learn your counties phase here (https://extension.arizona.edu/phased-operational-plan).
- 8/19/2020 12:00pm (Arizona time) - University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Operational Phase plan is now in effect. When your county phase allows for in person programming use "Guide for 4-H Club and Project Meetings: COVID-19 Mitigation" to ensure youth, family, and community health and safety.