Arizona 4-H policy requires that, prior to being recognized as 4-H Shooting Education Instructors, volunteers must complete a Shooting Education Instructors Certification Course. This course is conducted by volunteer instructors who have received special instructors training endorsed by the National 4-H Shooting Education Committee. We usually hold a couple of Instructor Certification Courses per year.
Upcoming Instructor Certification Course:
Date: November 8 - 10, 2013
The November 4-H Shooting Certification Course has been rescheduled to the weekend of November 8th-10th, 2013. The disciplines to be offered will be rifle, archery, muzzleloading and shotgun.
The course will start at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8. The Friday evening session will conclude at 9:00 p.m., the Saturday session will go from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday’s from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The course is open to adults and 4-H members 14 years old and older. The deadline for application is October 25, 2013.
- Location: Tucson at the Southeast Regional Park Shooting Range (SERPSR) near the Pima County Fairgrounds
- Registration Packet (Includes Agenda & Map)
- General Information Letter
Arizona 4-H Shooting Sports Policies:
- Arizona 4-H Shooting Sports Education Policies and Procedures
- Arizona 4-H Safe Gun Handling Policy
- U of A Weapon policy